Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Beginnings

It's been a while since I wrote on here because life has been pretty busy! I was out in BC visiting my Mom last week, which was great. I took Zach on his first plane ride! He did amazing, slept most of the way.  We will be going on vacation next week and then moving house when we get back! I still can't believe it. We are going back to where we came from..... haha. I initially was not excited about the move, I will admit. I couldn't understand why God would ask me to leave a place that I love so much and leave so many people that are dear to me. We made the decision back in April, and we were originally thinking we would move in the fall. And the timing did not sit right with me. (that and I just didn't want to move!) I knew this move would be challenging but rewarding so I decided from the beginning that I would need to be open to whatever God wanted me to do, no matter how difficult it seemed. I knew that everything would eventually make sense to me once I looked back on it.

So now the time has come. I am so thankful that I had the summer and fall to spend watching my son grow and relaxing in my beautiful home that I love so much. (tear!) And I am so thankful for being at the hospital when my nephew David was born, what a beautiful thing. I have had an amazing time being on mat leave with my sister-in-law Sarah, it`s brought us closer together. And just being able to share the experience of family life with Chris and Sarah has been an awesome experience. There`s so much to be thankful for. I have had lots of time to process the idea of moving house and moving into a new stage in life.

I realize now that what I havereally been learning about through all this is sacrifice. I remember when we decided to move, a good friend of mine gave me a verse to read. Matthew 19:29 says,  "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life". I can`t tell you how much that verse helped me and really pulled me through.As I started to look at this move as a sacrifice for God it became about laying my life down for something greater and bigger than myself. For the Kingdom. Sacrificing what is comfortable for a more exciting life, a life in God's purposes. It took my feelings a while to catch up, and in some ways there is still more work to do. But that's just it, I can't make decisions based solely on what feels good or what is comfortable. Sometimes God asks us to do things that feel just the opposite. I know this will be a journey and its just beginning. I am excited for what God has in store for me and for my family and I am already seeing purpose in the timing of it all.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. God's been speaking to me about sacrifice too! I love it when He does that.

    You definitely need to blog more often now that you're moving so that whenever I miss you, I can just pop on here & read what's going on in your world!

    Love you friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! Thanks to Sarah, I'm so glad to now see your blog, Amanda! It's so good and perfect timing now that you're in Peterborough. You're wonderful and it'll be nice to see your inner workings through what you write. Hoping the transition is smooth sailing, looking forward to seeing you when you visit (or when we visit Peterborough), and thinking about you during this time!
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete