Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holiday Cheer

Christmas. My favourite time of year. I can't wait to play my favourite Christmas music, decorate the house and of course, the shopping! I love buying gifts and especially Christmas gifts. It's such a great excuse to make people feel special and let them know how much you care.... yeah I'm a total mush ball. I'd like to dedicate this post to my mother by the way, because she is responsible for my neurotic behaviour at Christmas time. I sort of get it from her. There are a few things I am very particular about during the holiday season.

First off I just want to say that I firmly believe that this first point stems from being a member of a two child family. EVERYTHING MUST BE EVEN. For example, I will go out and buy all the Christmas presents and then lay them all out on my bed and go over them. OK so..... for my one friend I got a bar of soap, lip gloss and a book..... but wait! My other friend only got soap and lip gloss... and maybe she would rather have just a book.... must go back to the mall! Must buy more! And on it goes. The other thing I am famous for is elaborate grocery shopping. It's like I'm stocking for an army. An army that only eats gourmet food. I will admit I have champagne taste. Only the finest foods will I serve at holiday time.... and there is never enough.

What can I say.... we all have our quirks. All that being said, this year is going to be different! I will be forced to abandon my neurotic ways and relax because I will be on a beach in Mexico! Thankfully I still have some people to shop for and I'm sure I'll fit in a celebration or two before I go... but I will be relaxing on Christmas Eve instead of rushing around and worrying about everything being in order. I am really looking forward to having a vacation but I am also looking forward to celebrating Christmas in a different way, relaxing with family and not worrying about all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment