Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Out with the old in with the new

 I've been thinking this week that it might be time to start cleaning out my closets. It's the craziest thing with closets in my house, it seems like I am always organizing them. It's crazy because every time I do it I am convinced I won't have to do it again for a long time. This is because I have created the perfect system for organizing them and if I just keep putting things back in the same spot and following this method..... and here we are again.

It would seem that I could compare organizing closets quite closely to organizing my personal life. Every time I think I have developed the perfect way to deal with stress, disappointment, fear, etc, something messes it all up again. If only I had my own personal closet organizer, I think to myself...... but I do. It's when I stop communicating with God that I realize my life is a mess. Suddenly everything is falling apart and I can't figure out what went wrong. That's because I stop taking time to put things back on the proper shelf so to speak. It's when I stop sharing my life with God and actively praying about my daily life that it all falls apart.

I was thinking this morning about doing a cleanse, a life cleanse. I so badly want to be pure in every aspect of my life. I feel so bogged down all of a sudden. There's all this junk piling up around me (it's those darn closets) and instead of shoving it away some where I want to actually throw out what I don't need in my life and store the rest in its proper place. As I was thinking about cleansing it brought me to the verse Hebrews 12:1 that says let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  I realized that in order to be truly pure I need to give everything over to God first, even the junk.... and then we can really move forward. I realized I've been trying to do it all on my own, hanging on to everything and trying to deal with it on my own. I often find myself in this position. Truly humbled by God, realizing that He really is my everything and without Him I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment